Wednesday, August 25, 2010

LPH


Many people have asked about my physical therapy experience in SW Virginia. It has been so many that I have a scripted response: I feel that I learned a lot professionally and culturally, but was not really challenged in terms of my physical therapy skills. I practiced the skills I learned over two years of PT school, but did not really have discussions around clinical reasoning or evidenced-based practice. Both of these are pretty important to becoming a master clinician. All that being said, I still appreciate my experience there. I witnessed with my own eyes the low priority of exercise in that rural community, the need for education, and I was exposed to many low level and highly involved patients.
Plus the staff at Lonesome Pine are truly really great people. Each of them has their own character but they all work well together and are a part of each others lives, as expected in a smaller community. I am very happy to have been a part of that for just two short months.

LPH - a 60 bed hospital. 6 ICU beds. 6!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment